In theory a pen and paper is sufficient to manage anything with multiple tasks, however, if more than one person needs access to this information, or if you have staff who work remotely or you’re outsourcing elements of your business, you will need to find a cloud-based solution that all of you can access and update.
There is a wide selection of software, and most of them claim to help you streamline your business, manage your projects or make your work flow more smoothly. With such a variety to choose from, it can be bewildering.
How do you know which is the right solution for you?
To begin with, you must consider what you’re going to use it for, how you’re going to use it and what information it needs to store.
Here are some questions to ask to ask yourself:
- Do your processes or projects follow the same steps, every time?
- Is there more than one person responsible for any element of the project/process?
- Where will you store project documents?
- Do you want to communicate with each other from within the software? For example, do you wish to have conversations about a task, within that task?
- Do you want to see what activities are outstanding for you and everyone in your team?
- Do you want to see what projects are at risk of late delivery?
- Do you want to see what tasks you’ve delegated?
- Will a project have multiple active due dates?
- Do you want it to integrate with other software?
Answering these questions will give you great insight about what you need your software to do and now when you are conducting your software research you’ll have a shopping list of requirements which will help you work smarter, not harder.
If you’re still not sure where to start, book an hour’s session with us, and we’ll explain how to make the right choice for you and demonstrate how various pieces of software will fit together to make your business run as if it’s on rails.